In the words of TT:
plz to be reading this
it's an intense!Booth fic, set early in the series (about the time Bones was with David) and about half of it is posted right now. I believe there are 30 chapters total, and the original author's note indicates they are complete and just the posting of all of them remains.
(There may be spoilers but probably just speculation).
♥ More Cam as Shipper Number One - Her little nudges - particularly to Booth - are always my favorite scenes.
♥ Jealous!Brennan - what can I say, I would love to see Booth go out on a hot date or two and Brennan be the one all wigged out and jealous. (but not with Perotta. I actually like her and I want someone we can all righteously dislike).
♥ Intense!Booth - DB was made to play moody and dark. It's in his DNA or something. The man can f'ing act and intense and/or emotional scenes would play to his strength more than the goof!Booth scenes we were subjected to this past year.
♥ Hodgins and Angela having to figure things out over time - The demise of that relationship was too quick and very bizarre. I'd like for them to actually act like a real couple and not just in one episode get back together and everything be perfect.
♥ Resolution for Zack - I can't go through another season thinking about him in that facility when he's innocent, and I'd like to see that storyline explored.
And more than anything, I'd love for an episode or storyline arc to grab me and compel me to start writing again. What we were given last season just left me uninspired.
** this is the most spoilery thing***
Has my f-list read this spoiler re: the finale, and if so what do we think? HERE
I just don't know what to make of things, and every pre-conceived idea about what I expected to see is out the window. For those that are spoiled, I'd love to hear your reactions.
Fic Rec!!! For fic that explores what we could very well see in the finale: Here by ygrawn
So first off my dvr = EPIC FAIL and I had to watch on hulu. Thank goodness or I would have posted a major freak out.
Personally, I totally enjoyed this episode, in a very 'candy is bad for you but I like it anyway' kind of way. I mean, not winning any Emmys but i laughed out loud several times and that is worth a lot some days.
TT was totally brill as Cam - in fact she wins the gold star for the day. Her timing is so perfect that she can make me laugh with just an eyebrow raise.
Hodgins was priceless. When he declared himself "King of the Funeral" I cracked up.
There should never ever ever ever be another opportunity for David to sing. I mean, seriously - I almost had to mute it.
JFD was actually good in this. I love it when they keep him in the dark and he gets all bewildered.
Booth is Mr. Sex!Hands all of sudden, and can't keep them to himself. He has been seriously touchy-feely with her lately. No complaints here ...
I loved Booth giving her prompts on how to behave at a funeral. Especially the whispered "Sorry for your loss" prompt.
And who didn't love him telling her he could be devastatingly charming if she didn't watch?
All in all, I enjoyed this for the pure fun of it. It was slapstick and goofy, but for once that seemed to fit within the episode and not feel contrived or out of place.
I watched both eps back to back, so it feels like one long one. This may be rambly - just a warning :)
- The last scene of 'Cinderella' was fantastic. DH actually was watching with me and he loved her taking the bottle and giving him the glass. He also admitted that he couldn't watch without staring at her boobs in that outfit.
- I thought the Hodgins/Angela moment at the bar was really angsty goodness. Those two are destined! (PS - How did Wendell get such hot friends?)
-Who doesn't love Gordon Gordon?
- Am I an idiot but which one of them is he saying is fighting the attraction? I've always assumed Booth, but something about the last scene in Sweets office just seemed like it was her. Maybe I'm just slow but it didn't seem obvious that it was one vs the other - it seemed like both of them are fighting it pretty hard.
- Her admission about the foster family broke my heart - loved that it broke Booth's too. I thought he was going to cry.
-I'm glad we found out more about Sweets, and this ep seemed like Wyatt was passing the torch to him, which I can live with now I think
- All in all, I loved the second ep and only liked the first. I'm starting to get a feel for how they plan to have her character undergo some changes this season, leading up to the finale.
What about everyone else?
PS - Britt - read your rant and you go girl!
I may be the last one to know this but The Royal Diner is featured in the music video for 'Nine in the Afternoon' by Panic At The Disco.
I thought it was weird when I was surfing channels and all of a sudden was looking at the diner.
Here's a link to the video on YouTube:
Just found the whole thing very surreal.
Hopefully most of you have watched by now. I watched last night at 10pm EST - right after the dvr clicked off. I was actually excited for this ep ...
1. The "wall scene" - not what we all hoped for but cute nonetheless. Both of them looked a little frisky *minor squee*
2. Mr. Nigel-Murray - I really like him. He's not Zack but he is funny.
3. Booth's speech about "making a metaphorical mark" - she actually seemed to get it
4. Brennan's concern for Booth's jaw - *big squee* - right after she turned down the weirdo blind guy.
1. Booth's portrayal as "stupid" - that bugs the crap out of me
2. Goof!Booth - no need to say more
3. The really strange smart people - most really smart people are not that bizarre or that robotic in terms of emotions. All geniuses don't have Asperger's syndrome.
There are tons more but in the spirit of discussion, I hope to hear everyone else's opinions!
** The science was a little wonky - which is putting it nicely. All of the alarms going off but no actuall "lockdown" actually taking place annoyed me. No personal protective equipment, just random alarms.
**It was actually nice to see Brennan want to learn what Booth does and sucking at it. I liked the idea that maybe she can appreciate him more now.
**The case was stupid. really that all I can say about that. As my DH says, "They're running out of weird sh*t to do with the bodies."
**I really like Tamara Taylor. She's got great comedic timing and can make something good out of the dumbest scripts.
** Hodgins being 'King of the Lab' doesn't work without Zack - it made me sad.
So basically this is one that if I bought the Season 4 dvd I would skip. There have been plenty I liked less, but this I feel nothing for really. meh.
Spoilers up through 'Hero' .... (won't mention future spoilers TT!)
My favorite ep in a while, the action was great and this was low on the cheese scale.
Loved Booth's comments about Rebecca, and Parker. Which of course led to my favorite line re:loving someone and not telling them :)
I've decided that just because Bones doesn't believe in ghosts, Cpl. Parker was still there and she could see him even though she didn't know he was a ghost. Booth was the only one that knew that. Plus, because of their connection she could see what Booth saw. :)
Thrilled about Jared coming through at the end. Booth deserved him putting his career on the line for him.
Violent!Bones is awesome.
My squee is totally back for this show.
Title: Swallowing Razors
Spoilers: Anything up to this week’s ep is fair game
Summary: II of II of missing scene ficlets from Con Man in the Meth Lab. This one is shorter than Part I, but something I had to add. Takes into account events of Part I.
Part I Here
( Part II )